1) Which update?
2.0.5 or 2.0.6?
2) How do you turn your Nook HD all the way off?
3) Everything seems to point to your battery charge being not properly held. So it's battery life is down from 8+ hours to 3 hours.
4) That could be due to -
Some apps running in the background and eating up lots of battery.
Battery beginning to die.
5) Not sure how it could charge fully in10 minutes.
6) If pressing the N button doesn't work for you, try pressing the Power button. If you get the same issue with it, then not sure what the issue is.
It seems to me that your battery is dying and you should get a replacement. IT should be covered under the warranty.
2. i turn it all the way off by holding the power button until it asks me if i want to power off
4. the most recent app i've downloaded is the Overdrive app from the library. i barely have any apps. all i've got are cardshark (which was the 1st app i downloaded) and the notes and check list apps along with a game. none of those are recent though. the library one is the only new one i can think of that i downloaded around the time the nook started acting up
6. i've tried that too, get the same bluish light for a few seconds. and actually, about half and hour ago the screen was green when i tried to wake it up.
*sigh* with all the issues with these things, i seriously doubt ereaders will replace real books anytime soon.