Hey I'm back a day later with the solution!
So if you want to publish a book with only photos or pictures here is how you do it (or at least the way I got it to work)
1. Create a new project and download your manuscript in ePUB format.
2. After this is done it will look like nothing happened.
3. Click the "start writing!" text below the "upload manuscript" button.
4. You'll notice that your manuscript has actually loaded but you can't use it.
5. Write at least one line of text at the very beginning of your manuscript using the Nook Press manuscript editor.
6. Save and preview to make sure it looks like how you want it to be.
7. When you exit it will ask you if you want to use the original file or the updated one. Select updated manuscript.
8. Fill out the rest of the publishing form and publish.
So there you go for those who are curious. If anyone has questions or is having trouble let me know and I'll try to help you figure it out.