1 2 3 Previous Next 199 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2012 10:02 AM by Alex Garcia

    [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

      I can't believe this wasn't already created.  :smileywink:

       

      1. At the very least, please add another indicator for available storage so we know how much room we have left for B&N content.  The way things are now, we have no idea when we are getting close to reaching the limit.
        1. (a) Since B&N seems to have decided to stick with this partition scheme, please make it possible for us to download all of our B&N content to the NOOK for PC app, even if it can't be opened, so we can create backups of our own.  This is quickly becoming a deal breaker for me.
      2. Please make an "Add to Shelf" option available when you double tap on a book in the library.  Going through the whole list over and over again is tedious, especially when you buy one new book and just want to quickly add it to a shelf.
      3. Please increase the number of Reading Now books on the home screen to three, like the New Reads list.  Pretty, pretty please...
      4. Please include the battery indicator when you tap on the clock area to turn WiFi on and off.
      5. Please allow us to clear recommendations from our notifications.  It's driving me crazy to constantly see that I have a notification only to find that I've opened it five times now and it's the same recommendation every single time.
      6. PDF zooming and panning.

       

        • 1. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

          I second it!

           

          I'd really really really would like to see #2, #3, #4 & #6.

           

          ^0^

          • 2. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

            How about in addition to last page read being able to sync bookmarks as well as annotations between your Nook devices.

            • 3. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update
              AikiPen

              On my Nook3G and my Nook Color I'm so used to having the time available in a corner. Now it is gone! I know that I can bring up the reading menu (the one with content, bookmarks, text sizes etc.) and the time will appear but I really like it available all the time. Gotten so used to having it I look in the corner of the page for the time when reading a DTB!

               

              Would be nice to have another choice on the Reader screen (where you can select what buttons do what) under settings for 'clock', and have the availability to turn it on as well as whether it appears on the top or bottom.

               

              I suppose not updating the clock and therefore the screen every minute helps to conserve the battery.

              • 4. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update
                MrBanballow

                This is gonna sound somewhat petty, but I would like the Cityscape screen saver set back.

                • 5. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

                  I'd like to be able to sync my bn.com ebook wishlist with my N2E.  Unless I'm totally missing something I don't see that option.

                  • 6. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

                    Nallia wrote:

                    I can't believe this wasn't already created.  :smileywink:

                     

                    1. At the very least, please add another indicator for available storage so we know how much room we have left for B&N content.  The way things are now, we have no idea when we are getting close to reaching the limit.
                      1. (a) Since B&N seems to have decided to stick with this partition scheme, please make it possible for us to download all of our B&N content to the NOOK for PC app, even if it can't be opened, so we can create backups of our own.  This is quickly becoming a deal breaker for me.
                    2. Please make an "Add to Shelf" option available when you double tap on a book in the library.  Going through the whole list over and over again is tedious, especially when you buy one new book and just want to quickly add it to a shelf.
                    3. Please increase the number of Reading Now books on the home screen to three, like the New Reads list.  Pretty, pretty please...
                    4. Please include the battery indicator when you tap on the clock area to turn WiFi on and off.
                    5. Please allow us to clear recommendations from our notifications.  It's driving me crazy to constantly see that I have a notification only to find that I've opened it five times now and it's the same recommendation every single time.
                    6. PDF zooming and panning.

                     


                    #2 and #3 are big issues for me. I have over 1200 side-loaded books. Scrolling through all 1200 plus the B&N books every time I want to add something to my shelf is a little much.

                     

                    And I wouldn't need to use the shelves as much, if the device could keep track of more than one most recent book.

                     

                    Other than that, I'd like an option to see the time, battery and wifi all the time (I went through 1/4 of my battery in a few hours of reading, because I didn't realize the wifi was still on.)

                     

                    And it would be nice if the option to change which buttons scroll forward and back applied to the rest of the UI as well as the reader. Though I'll probably be too used to using the bottom button as forward to bother switching them, before any update comes out.

                    • 7. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

                      MrBanballow wrote:

                      This is gonna sound somewhat petty, but I would like the Cityscape screen saver set back.


                      Here ya go!

                       

                      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8106720/Nookerino/stock_screens.zip

                       

                      It's from a user on the nookboards called "sPACEYE" who got the 3 default sets of screensavers off the older nook and zipped em up. You just need to extract, and drag and drop onto your new nook.  (I'm not sure there are any sizing differences since the new nook has the same screen size as the older one, however these screens do have that bar across the top. I guess you could photoshop it out.) 

                      • 8. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update
                        MrBanballow

                        As has already been mentioned, if you tap the screen while reading, the book's title, battery life and time pop up at the top of the screen. I'm wondering if it would be possible to add a button to manually refresh the screen up there as well?

                         

                        I went from the Home Screen into a book earlier, and the Home Screen remained clearly visible. The only options appeared to be exit the book and return (what I did, and it worked), or wait for the next big "flash". I don't mind the minimal ghosting between "flashes", but I'd like to be able to get rid of any overly bothersome ghosting ASAP, preferably without having to leave the book.

                        • 9. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

                          I think this thread is important. Putting hundreds of eyes on new software is just what developers need. Their classic cry when users get hold of a new product is: "They tried to do what?" A new digital product can be made to do almost anything but there are so many ways to approach an interface that in testing they can never anticipate all of them.

                           

                          Sadly, I'm still waiting for my nook to arrive (due Wednesday), but with previous readers I've always created a shelf for Current Reading to get around the list of recently purchased books. I like to read about a dozen at a time and it helps keep them straight. I don't know yet if that makes sense with the nook but I wonder if it would help with the three new book limitation.

                          • 10. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

                            bryceb04 wrote:

                            I'd like to be able to sync my bn.com ebook wishlist with my N2E.  Unless I'm totally missing something I don't see that option.


                            I second this.

                            • 11. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

                              Add PDB support.  I have 120 books from eReader/Fictionwise that I would want to be able to read.

                              • 12. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

                                Suggestion:

                                 

                                When viewing Shelves while the filter's on Most Recent, put the books on shelves in their order of most recently read. Currently it is not doing this; shelves and what they display currently are the last changes made to that particular shelf.  Dumb.

                                 

                                Also, ability to re-order shelves.  Duh.

                                • 13. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update
                                  The lack of PDB irritates me, too, but I had already complained about that in another thread. The other issue I couldn't remember earlier is one that is a problem for me with the NC, too. It has to do with the lack of support for multi-level content. For instance, a book set up like this: Book 1 Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Book2 Chapter 3 will show up as: Book 1 Book 2 in the contents section. The same book shows up correctly on the Nook app on my iPhone.
                                  • 14. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update
                                    • Ability to sort shelves by author
                                    • Ability to manually order shelves
                                    • Ability to acrchive on a single device only
                                    1 2 3 Previous Next