1 2 3 4 Previous Next 199 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2012 10:02 AM by Alex Garcia Go to original post
      • 15. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

        I agree with many of the suggestions here but wanted really to comment on the posts regarding the opinion that this was too soon for a Wishlist post for the N2E. 

         

        BN does not, or should not, take this as critism but instead much desired feedback.  During my time on the BN Customer Council, I can't count how often BN's response to our comments was surprise in the options we wanted addressed.  They loved the feedback...well, I guess if they didn't want the comments, they wouldn't have created the council in the first place...  But really, you can put every thing you have into researching and developing a recipe, but really don't know how good it is until someone tastes it and tells you.

        • 16. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

          My wife figured out how to specify the order of the shelves.  Number them and use the "Shelf Name" view.

           

          E.g.. 

           

          1. Current

          2. Fiction

          3. Non-Fiction

           

           

          But I agree that when you're in a shelf that the "Most Recent" view should change when you read a book, not when you add it to the shelf.  That just doesn't make sense.  

           

           

          • 17. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

            If it hasn't been mentioned already, sync'ing is not working from the N2E.

            • 18. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

              AlanNJ wrote:

              If it hasn't been mentioned already, sync'ing is not working from the N2E.


              It's working too well for me.  My wife and I share an account and the synching is messing up the pages we're on in books we're both reading at the same time.   Synching what page you're on was someting we could disable on the N1E, but I can't find where to disable it on the N2E.

              • 19. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

                I would like support for .doc and .docx. Improvements to PDF experience (zooming other tools would be nice, don't use preset zooms let use zoom in to find the size that fits us. The Nook simple Touch should be the ultimate in a reading device for any formate that it supports.

                • 20. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

                   


                  Nallia wrote:
                  • Ability to sort shelves by author
                  • Ability to manually order shelves
                  • Ability to acrchive on a single device only

                  Very succinct!  Great, imo.  I am also hoping that when and if mynook.com becomes a reality there will be the ability to save shelf names and/or contents maybe in a playlist that could be loaded.  Also, bulk downloads of books, and bulk archiving of books.  I understand if a device can't download more than 5 books at once, but some of this stuff would make de-registering and re-registering less of a pain-or even registering the first time.  I'd love it if my shelves could be the same on all my devices, more or less.

                  • 21. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

                    What? N2 doesn't support PDB files like the N1 did? I was reading these posts to decide if I want to get the N2, but if it doesn't have PDB support, I may not want to. I have purchased a number of books via Fictionwise as well. One of the reasons I liked Nook was because I had options to purchase from a variety of sources.

                     

                    I also wish N2 had a 3G option. I never have been able to get my N1 to connect to my home wireless router because it's encrypted. Has anyone had problems with the N2 connecting to a secure wireless router?

                     

                    Thx

                     

                    • 22. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update
                      Nallia

                       


                      skcwa wrote:

                      What? N2 doesn't support PDB files like the N1 did? I was reading these posts to decide if I want to get the N2, but if it doesn't have PDB support, I may not want to. I have purchased a number of books via Fictionwise as well. One of the reasons I liked Nook was because I had options to purchase from a variety of sources.

                       

                      I also wish N2 had a 3G option. I never have been able to get my N1 to connect to my home wireless router because it's encrypted. Has anyone had problems with the N2 connecting to a secure wireless router?

                       

                      Thx

                       


                      No, but I haven't had any problems getting my N1E connecting to my secure wireless connection either.

                      • 23. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

                        skcwa wrote:

                         

                        I also wish N2 had a 3G option. I never have been able to get my N1 to connect to my home wireless router because it's encrypted. Has anyone had problems with the N2 connecting to a secure wireless router?

                         

                        Thx

                         


                         

                         

                         

                        I would suggest you do a search on these boards for wifi connection issues as I know I have seen multiple threads with problems and solutions.  I really have little experience with home wifi and believe that trading questions back and forth would be a far less timely way for you to find the information you need.

                        • 24. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

                          skcwa wrote:

                          ....

                           

                          I also wish N2 had a 3G option. I never have been able to get my N1 to connect to my home wireless router because it's encrypted. Has anyone had problems with the N2 connecting to a secure wireless router?

                           

                          Thx

                           


                          I had some issues connecting to my secure wireless network with my nook color before the latest update. However the N2E I picked up worked flawlessly with it.

                          • 25. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update
                            LectorGS

                            I have had the same problem.  I have called customer services myriads of times to have this connectivity problem solved to no avail.  I have resigned myself to go to my local B&N store to use their wifi connection.

                            • 26. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

                              I am only using WEP on my home wifi but my N2E connected immediately once I put the password in.

                              • 27. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

                                deemure wrote:

                                Very succinct!  Great, imo.  I am also hoping that when and if mynook.com becomes a reality there will be the ability to save shelf names and/or contents maybe in a playlist that could be loaded.  Also, bulk downloads of books, and bulk archiving of books.  I understand if a device can't download more than 5 books at once, but some of this stuff would make de-registering and re-registering less of a pain-or even registering the first time.  I'd love it if my shelves could be the same on all my devices, more or less.


                                I understand why you say this, and I'm all for it, as long as there is an option to NOT have them synced to all devices.  I currently have 3 nooks: my wife uses the N1E, I have the N2E, and my children (specifically the youngest) uses the NC.  I'm sure we don't want our shelves to be the same.  It would also be nice to make up shelves on mynook.com (when/if it becomes available) and sync them however we want to which devices we want. By that I mean to NOT have an all or nothing sync feature.  That way we could make shelves like:

                                 

                                Read - Mine

                                Read - Wife

                                To Read - Mine

                                To Read - Wife

                                 

                                and sync only those shelves I want on my Nook and only the shelves my wife wants on her Nook.  If the only option is all or nothing, then we'll probably have to make other accounts and sideload books amongst them, something I would prefer to not have to do.

                                • 28. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

                                  skcwa wrote:

                                   I never have been able to get my N1 to connect to my home wireless router because it's encrypted. Has anyone had problems with the N2 connecting to a secure wireless router?

                                   

                                  Thx

                                   


                                  I use a WEP encryption on my wireless router and have had no issues with my N1E, NC, or N2E connecting to it.

                                  • 29. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

                                    My wishlist isn't on the softward.

                                     

                                    I would like to request to have the colorful backing/frames available for N2E like they had it for N1E.

                                     

                                    I would love to have some pop of color to my N2E. :smileyhappy:

                                    1 2 3 4 Previous Next