1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 199 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2012 10:02 AM by Alex Garcia Go to original post
      • 120. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

        I want better organizing of the library.  When I pick 'Sort by author' I want to see:

         

        • Author 1
        • Author 2
        • Author 3

        Not:

         

        • Book 1 - Author 1
        • Book 2 - Author 1
        • Book 3 - Author 1
        • Book 4 - Author 2
        • Book 5 - Author 2

        It doesn't help me find my book any faster if I still have to wade through ten pages of books to get to the author!

         

        And yeah, having Sudoku back would be great.

        • 121. Re: [N2E] Whist's for 1.1 Update

          There actually is already a "Left in Chapter" indicator, but you first have to select "GoTo" and it'll show "x pages left in chapter."

          • 122. Re: [N2E] Whist's for 1.1 Update
            keriflur

            fjrichman wrote:

            There actually is already a "Left in Chapter" indicator, but you first have to select "GoTo" and it'll show "x pages left in chapter."


            Great tip, thanks.  :smileyhappy:

            • 123. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

              1. When I decide to buy a book while reading the sample and hit the Buy Now button, it would be great if I was returned to the page I was just reading in the now complete book.

               

              2. When I transfer news to my N2E (via Calibre), each source shows up twice in the library, even though it shows up only once under /Nook/My Files/Magazines.  Known bug?

               

              3. It would be great if someone would upgrade the Blackberry Nook app to keep track of the last page read just like all the other apps!

               

              4. Using the hidden browser, I have trouble pulling up a keyboard when I need to enter something.  Is there a trick to this I'm missing?

               

              All in all though, a great ebook reader!

              • 124. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

                Please fix the pre-order mechanism so that it downloads the books it clears the pre-order flag and puts a NEW flag.   I had several I thought weren't released yet but somehow downloaded so that until I tapped them going to check the date of release did I find they'd released...

                • 125. Re: Wireless Instapaper and RSS Feeds

                  Jim-McG wrote:

                  It would be very nice to synch wirelessly to Instapaper and to RSS feeds.

                   

                  You can use Calibre to get the Instapaper and RSS feeds, but you still have to sideload.  Wireless on an automated schedule would be VERY nice convenience and would cause me to use my Nook far more often.


                  Oh, yeah!  An RSS app would be a real Kindle-killer!  Hmm... I wonder if you could run Calibre on a jail-broken N2E?

                  • 126. Re: Wireless Instapaper and RSS Feeds

                    Calibre would work regardless of whether the device is rooted or not. But my additions to the wishlist are.

                     

                    The ability to disable the reccomendations.

                    Touch Screen bug fixed.

                    The ability to see the series a book is apart of.

                    Ability to use the cover of the most recent read book as a screen saver.

                    Password protection at unlock.

                    RSS Feed.

                    Email client maybe? Could be awesome to read email with e-ink.

                    Inaudible (due to no speakers) reading alarm? Shows a pop up/notification if you've read for x amount of hours.

                     

                    • 127. N2E wishlist
                      wordsandmelodies

                      1.  The ability to access my ebook wishlist under Shop.  I can find it on the website, but not on my NOOK.  The inability to access it on my device just encourages me to buy books from some other source if I'm already at my computer...  Really, B&N?

                      2.  Clearing the Preordered notation next to my books once they're available.  I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of this, and Customer Service wasn't able to help, either.  It's got to be a bug.   I've even READ these books, but they're still marked "preorder."  This error discourages me from preordering books, and I imagine B&N would prefer that I preorder them.

                      3.  The ability to display cover art that is linked via a program like Calibre.  My N1E displays a lot of cover art (in color, even!) that my N2E won't.  Call me crazy, but it really bothers me.

                      4.  Not that I think it will happen, but this IS a wishlist, so... how about adding back support for .pdb files?  I have a few books in .pdb that I can't get in epub anywhere.  

                      5.  Your recommended books in the Shop section... they kind of suck, even in comparison to other online retailers.  Recommending books I have ALREADY PURCHASED FROM YOU isn't helpful, it's irritating.  And maybe the regular emails I receive from you could be a little more targeted, too?  Since I haven't bought a physical book in a year, I would love to opt out of emails that offer me coupons I can't use, see recommendations of books in genres I REGULARLY read, updates on my favorite authors, etc. -- not the same generic email that a million other people in America regularly delete, sight unseen.

                      6.  The ability to sort by author when adding to a shelf.  If I'm creating a shelf by series, that would be wonderful.  I could make a Women of the Otherworld shelf, sort by author, find Kelley Armstrong's works, and add them all to the shelf.  Even making a shelf like Historical Fiction would be much quicker -- my main authors there are Sara Donati, Diana Gabaldon, Charles Frazier -- I could skip from author to author, instead of wading through 400 library entries...

                      7.  Actually, what about the ability to manage my shelves online?

                      8.  Or the ability to arrange my shelves in the order I would like them, without resorting to adding goofy characters in front?  Don't get me wrong, the merged library is a definite improvement.  But still, shelving could use work.

                      9.  How about causing highlighting, bookmarks, and notes to synch across devices?

                      10.  Or, when adding new books to your library, prompting "Would you like to place this item on a shelf/create a new shelf?"  

                       

                      Probably all for now.  :~)

                      • 128. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update
                        The N2E has the same processor as the NC and runs Android 2.1. I would like to see some apps geared toward productivity on the N2E. A calendar that syncs with Google, E-mail client and a simple note taking app. These functions are already included with the OS and only need to unlocked. Of course a full upgrade to OS 2.2 would be great. I do not want my N2E for gaming but would be nice to use as a planner.
                        • 129. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

                          Not sure if this one has been documented but here goes...

                           

                          - If I download a sample from home and go into the store, I am not allowed to use the free hour of reading the whole book.  The only way to handle this is to log on to the web and deleting the sample from my collection of books.  I wanted see if a ...for Dummies book would work and the sample didn't even give me pages past the table of contents.

                           

                          So if I go into a B&N store having downloaded a sample book elsewhere, please make it possible to still read an In Store book for the hour.

                          • 130. Re: Wireless Instapaper and RSS Feeds

                            fjrichman wrote:

                            Calibre would work regardless of whether the device is rooted or not. 


                            Not unless B&N decides to install it (I meant run Calibre on the N2E itself, as a NOOK app).

                            • 131. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update
                              for those of you asking for more features outside the ability to manage and read your books I would ask you go buy a nook color. I like the idea of a simple reader that gets great battery life. You start putting other junk on it, it will connect up and download stuff more ruining the battery life. The first generation would go dead sitting on the shelf being un read. At least I can get a couple weeks between charges reading every day on the new one. I don't want to go back to the old one that did too much.
                              • 132. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update
                                Omnigeek

                                I don't really want new features, I just want them to evolve the existing ones.

                                 

                                - Fix the shelving so we can set our own orders, backup the shelving assignments to PC/Mac/Linux, heck, DO the shelving assignments in a spreadsheet format on the connected computers ..

                                 

                                - Fix and retain the syncing between devices so I can keep my notes, highlights, etc. and access them across devices or between resets -- better yet, so I can export them.  Read the recent Byte piece on Amazon's Whispersync

                                 

                                - Enable passcode security like on the Nook Color.

                                • 133. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update
                                  But I really like the E Ink screen.  There would certainly be more demand on battery life with more wireless usage, but those like you who prefer long battery life to extra features wouldn't have to enable the extra features.
                                  This brings up another feature that would be nice to have -- on demand wifi: automatically turn it on when needed and off when not in use (if it doesn't already do that). 

                                  TimeTravellerNC wrote:
                                  for those of you asking for more features outside the ability to manage and read your books I would ask you go buy a nook color. I like the idea of a simple reader that gets great battery life. You start putting other junk on it, it will connect up and download stuff more ruining the battery life. The first generation would go dead sitting on the shelf being un read. At least I can get a couple weeks between charges reading every day on the new one. I don't want to go back to the old one that did too much.

                                  • 134. Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update
                                    keriflur

                                    davidn wrote:
                                    But I really like the E Ink screen.  There would certainly be more demand on battery life with more wireless usage, but those like you who prefer long battery life to extra features wouldn't have to enable the extra features.
                                    This brings up another feature that would be nice to have -- on demand wifi: automatically turn it on when needed and off when not in use (if it doesn't already do that). 

                                    TimeTravellerNC wrote:
                                    for those of you asking for more features outside the ability to manage and read your books I would ask you go buy a nook color. I like the idea of a simple reader that gets great battery life. You start putting other junk on it, it will connect up and download stuff more ruining the battery life. The first generation would go dead sitting on the shelf being un read. At least I can get a couple weeks between charges reading every day on the new one. I don't want to go back to the old one that did too much.


                                    Unfortunately B&N doesn't generally offer the ability to "enable" extra features - either they're there or they're not.  Think of it like bloatware on cell phones - there are a lot of users that like the included apps, but if a user doesn't like them there's not much they can do other than root and give up their warranty.  When those added apps and "features" are taking up storage on a limited storage device like the nook, it can be a big deal to a user that doesn't want them.

                                    1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next