This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
And here are my web browsing tips for an unrooted NST with firmware 1.1.2:
- Turn the wireless on manually by double clicking where the wireless icon sits on the top bar. Don’t rely on the default that sometimes hides the keyboard completely.
- To double click, first press the link for two seconds.
- If the screen of the Nook freezes, very slowly shuffle a finger along an edge without hyperlinks and/or press twice the Nook button to enliven the screen and restore the Internet. Repeat as necessary.
- When you select and type into a text-entry area and your typing doesn’t show, as sometimes happens, continue to type carefully assuming that entry is occurring – this works for me.
- While browsing the web, if you touch a text-entry area for 5 seconds, an Edit Text menu appears at centre of the screen, which allows Copy and Paste.
- Google kindly prompts me for search strings, which often works in the absence of bookmarking. Better still, I’ve created a simple web page of favourite bookmarks using Awardspace that I access from the Google search bar with my_login_name.atwebpages. I usually Paste the search string into Google.
- For mobile Facebook, search for m.fb in Google; for mobile Twitter, search for m.tw in Google.
- To enter a URL, search for ass.proxy in Google.
- Remember, there is no Back button or equivalent.
Have you tips worth sharing?
Well, live and learn. I've had the NST for a bit over a week. Thanks for this info.