- I Can Read!: 100 Tips for Beginning Readers (PagePerfect NOOK Book) (HarperCollins Publishers) (4/16)
- Even Monsters Get Sick (Busy Bee Studios) (4/27)
- Little Learners Sing-Along (Parragon, Incorporated) (6/28)
- Flight of the Butterflies (Penguin Group (USA)) (8/13)
- On a Farm (Penguin Group (USA)) (8/17)
- Jingle All the Way (Hallmark) (8/17)
- Bell's Big Move (Hallmark) (8/17)
- Cassidy and the Rainy River Rescue (Hallmark) (9/8)
Animal Care & Pets
- Poco a Poco: A CritterKin Tale (HarperCollins Canada) (9/20)
Biographies & Memoirs
- Just a Boy: An Inspiring and Heartwarming True Story (HarperCollins Publishers) (5/9)
- An Unbelievably Gluten-Free Holiday Sampler (Workman Publishing Company, Inc.) (10/3)
- The Ether Dispute: Revisiting Einstein's Argument That Space Is a Physical Substance (Lulu.com) (3/2)
- Paradise Valley (The Daughters of Caleb Bender Book #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (3/11)
- Distant Dreams (Ribbons of Steel Book #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (3/13)
- Waiting for Summer's Return (Baker Publishing Group) (3/18)
- In the Company of Secrets (Postcards from Pullman Series #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (3/18)
- Daughter of Joy (Brides of Culdee Creek Book #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (3/31)
- Candle in the Darkness (Refiner's Fire Series #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (3/31)
- In the Company of Secrets (Postcards from Pullman Series #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (4/24)
- Angels All Around (Threshold Series Prequel) (Zondervan) (4/24)
- Untamed Land, An (Red River of the North Book #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (5/2)
- Fools Rush In (Baker Publishing Group) (5/6)
- Love Me If You Must (Patricia Amble Mystery Book #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (5/10)
- Angels Watching Over Me (Shenandoah Sisters Book #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (6/1)
- Fairchild's Lady (Harvest House Publishers) (6/5)
- A Daughter's Inheritance (Broadmoor Legacy Series #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (7/1)
- Waiting for Summer's Return (Baker Publishing Group) (7/4)
- In the Company of Secrets (Postcards from Pullman Series #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (7/4)
- Angels Watching Over Me (Shenandoah Sisters Book #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (7/4)
- A Home in the West (Harvest House Publishers) (7/12)
- Out of Control (Kincaid Brides Series #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (9/1)
- Deadly Aim (Angel Delaney Mysteries Book #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (9/1)
- Back on Murder (Roland March Series #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (9/1)
- Untamed Land, An (Red River of the North Book #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (9/1)
- Love by the Letter (An Unexpected Brides Novella) (Baker Publishing Group) (9/7)
- Home to Pebble Creek (Free Short Story) (Harvest House Publishers) (9/20)
- Child of the Mist (These Highland Hills Book #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (9/25)
- Shadows of the Canyon (Desert Roses Series #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (10/1)
- Secret's in the Sauce, The (The Potluck Catering Club Book #1): A Novel (Baker Publishing Group) (10/1)
- Daughter of Twin Oaks (Secret Refuge Series #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (10/1)
- Lion of Babylon (A Marc Royce Thriller Book #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (10/1)
- Somewhere to Belong (Daughters of Amana Series #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (10/1)
- A Passion Most Pure (Daughters of Boston Series #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (10/1)
- Offworld (Dangerous Times Collection Book #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (10/1)
- A Passion Most Pure (Daughters of Boston Series #1) (Baker Publishing Group) (10/15)
- Forsaken Dreams (Barbour Publishing, Incorporated) (10/17)
Comics & Graphic Novels
- Starcraft: Kerrigan - Hope and Vengeance #0 (NOOK Comics with Zoom View) (DC Comics) (3/2)
- Superman #1 (1987-2006) (NOOK Comics with Zoom View) (DC Comics) (5/6)
- Superman: The Man of Steel #1 (1991-2003) (NOOK Comics with Zoom View) (DC Comics) (5/6)
- Superman #1 (1987-2006) (NOOK Comics with Zoom View) (DC Comics) (5/30)
- Superman: The Man of Steel #1 (1991-2003) (NOOK Comics with Zoom View) (DC Comics) (5/30)
- Atomic Robo #1 (NOOK Comics with Zoom View) (Red 5 Comics) (5/30)
- Neozoic #1 (NOOK Comics with Zoom View) (Red 5 Comics) (5/30)
- Abyss #1 (NOOK Comics with Zoom View) (Red 5 Comics) (5/30)
- FCBD Superman: Last Son #1 (NOOK Comics with Zoom View) (DC Comics) (5/30)
- DC Nation FCBD Beware the Batman/Teen Titans Go! #1 (NOOK Comics with Zoom View) (DC Comics) (5/30)
- Escape Goat - Free Comic Book Day Edition (NOOK Comics with Zoom View) (Th3rd World Studios) (5/30)
- Mad Magazine #1 (NOOK Comic with Zoom View) (DC Comics) (9/21)
- Will Solvit and the T-Rex Terror (Book 1) (Parragon, Incorporated) (3/1)
Science Fiction & Fantasy
- MILA 2.0: Origins: The Fire (HarperCollins Publishers) (3/26)
- After the Battle on Starship Hill: Prologue to The Children of the Sky (Doherty, Tom Associates, LLC) (4/15)
- The Testing Guide (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt) (5/2)
- Carniepunk: Parlor Tricks (Pocket Star) (6/6)
- Forget You (BelleBooks, Inc.) (6/22)
- The Black Fortress (BelleBooks, Inc.) (6/22)
- Iron's Prophecy (Iron Fey Series) (Harlequin) (10/3)
- Affordable Excellence: The Singapore Health System (Brookings Institution Press with the National University of Singapore Press) (4/22)
- TIME Magazine's TRAGEDY IN BOSTON (Time Inc.) (4/23)
- Everyone Serves: A Handbook for Family & Friends of Service Members: During Pre-Deployment, Deployment and Reintegration (NBC Publishing) (4/26)
- Thoreau's Legacy: American Stories About Global Warming (Penguin Group (USA)) (6/7)
- Best of Both Worlds (Smithsonian Institution Press) (9/2)
Business & Investing
- What Went Wrong: The Big Picture: How the 1% Hijacked the American Middle Class . . . and What Other Countries Got Right (BenBella Books, Inc.) (9/22)
- MBA Starter Kit: Your Guide to Options, Finances and Value in a Master of Business Administration Degree in Chicago (Agate Digital) (10/20) (***)
- Irresistible Jack Absolute: A Free Preview (Enhanced Edition) (Sourcebooks, Incorporated) (9/9)
A fresh, beautiful take on the daily devotional.
A Well-Worn Path is a beautiful collection of thirty-one brief daily spiritual reflections to renew your heart. Written by respected worship leader and teacher Dan Wilt, each devotional gives you a daily "boost of the Spirit," helping you find your well-worn path of intimacy with God. Designed for daily use, these short readings present a fresh, twenty-first century approach to the daily devotional, and will spark hope and faith in Jesus in you once again.
Publisher: Cook, David C.
Publication date: 10/20/2013
Edition description: Digital Original
Delicious Family Recipes for Cookies, Bars, Brownies, and More
by Chicago Tribune Staff
by Mike Bechtle
By Stephen W Smith
Publisher: Cook, David C
We've lost the way that leads to life. With competing priorities and rival demands, we're more confused than ever in how to live the life Jesus offers. Is it the church way, the American way, or the busy way? With so many ways facing us, we're more paralyzed than alive; more perplexed than sure; more bewildered than confident. The Jesus Life offers eight compelling ways to help us rediscover what it really means to follow Jesus in the 21st ccentury.
Responding to Economic Injustice
The collapse of financial systems and the resulting economic crisis have caused a growing distrust of the way things operate. Why has the global economy become so unfair, unsustainable, and unstable, with the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer? A conversation about how the market should operate within a moral framework is needed now more than ever.
Jim Wallis shows that God requires a different kind of economy--both globally and domestically--and provides principles that should guide economic policy matters, including clarity, transparency, accountability, and protecting the common good against private greed. Our financial institutions require real reform, but so do our own economic choices, desires, and demands, for they have far-reaching consequences. Wallis explores things we can all do to help fix the financial crisis and suggests making "Ten Personal Decisions for the Common Good."
This is a selection from On God's Side: What Religion Forgets and Politics Hasn't Learned about Serving the Common Good
Jim Wallis is president and CEO of Sojourners and editor in chief of Sojourners magazine. He is a best-selling author, public theologian, nationally known preacher, social activist, and international commentator on ethics and public life. Wallis has written ten books and is a frequent speaker in the United States and abroad. He has written for major newspapers and appears on CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News. He is married to Joy Carroll, is the father of Luke and Jack, and is a Little League baseball coach.
Publisher: Baker Publishing Group
Publication date: 8/15/2013
File size: 825 KB
Remodelista.com is the go-to, undisputed authority for home design enthusiasts, remodelers, architects, and designers. Unlike sites that cater to all tastes, Remodelista has a singular and clearly defined aesthetic: classic pieces trump designs that are trendy and transient, and well-edited spaces take precedence over cluttered environments. High and low mix seamlessly here, and getting the look need not be expensive (think Design Within Reach meets Ikea). Remodelista decodes the secrets to achieving this aesthetic, with in-depth tours and lessons from 12 enviable homes; a recipe-like breakdown of the hardest-working kitchens and baths; dozens of do-it-yourself projects; “The Remodelista 100,” a guide to the best everyday household objects; and an in-depth look at the ins and outs of the remodeling process. In a world of design confusion, Remodelista takes the guesswork out of the process.
- Publisher: Artisan
by Paul Robertson
by Bonnie Leon
Rosa's Land: Western Justice-book 1
by Gilbert Morris
Tyger Tyger (The Goblin Wars Series #1) by Kersten Hamilton
What would you do if the stories of your childhood suddenly began coming to life? Teagan Wylltson’s best friend, Abby, dreams that horrifying creatures—goblins, shapeshifters, and beings of unearthly beauty but terrible cruelty—are hunting Teagan. Abby is always coming up with crazy stuff, though, so Teagan isn’t worried. Until Finn Mac Cumhaill arrives, with his killer accent and a knee-weakening smile. Either he’s crazy or he’s been haunting Abby’s dreams, because he’s talking about goblins, too . . . and about being born to fight all goblin-kind. Finn knows a thing or two about fighting. Which is a very good thing, because this time, Abby’s right. The goblins are coming.
by Yvonne Harris
Texas Ranger Jake Nelson patrols the U.S.-Mexico border, protecting the settlers from cattle rustlers, outlaws, and bandits. Sparks fly when Manuel Diego stirs up a revolt against the government, which leads to the murder of a newspaperman, who is the son of a U.S. senator, and the kidnapping of his sister, Elizabeth Madison, a journalist in the making.
With Elizabeth's photograph in hand--a dark-haired beauty with smiling eyes--Jake rides over the border to find her. After the Rangers defeat the marauders and rescue Elizabeth, Jake is surprised to learn she's not the spoiled daughter of a senator that he was expecting. In fact, he finds himself taken by her. And she by him.
But the Mexicans won't give up that easily, as Elizabeth becomes the target of an all-out hunt. Leaving Elizabeth back at Fort Williams, Jake and his men set off again, this time to go after Diego himself--to apprehend him and his renegades and bring them all to justice.
Meanwhile, Jake knows what's begun between him and Elizabeth is undeniable. Amid all the turmoil, Jake finally admits how much he loves her. She tells him the same. Until now, they've lived in different worlds, yet it is those differences that drew them together.
by Janette Oke & T. Davis Bunn
Set along the rugged coastline of 18th century Canada in what was then called Acadia (now Nova Scotia and New Brunswick), The Meeting Place re-creates a world that was home to native Indians, French settlers, and English garrisons. Such diverse populations did not live in accord, however. Instead, they were isolated within their own groups by a brewing political tension under the difficult English rule.
Amid such chaotic times two women, both about to become brides and both trying to live lives of quiet peace, meet in a lush field of wildflowers. Louisa, a Frenchwoman, and Catherine, who is English, continue to meet secretly through the seasons, sharing both friendship and growing faith.
The outside world does not mirror their own tranquil happiness, and the dreaded crackdown by the English throne threatens far more than their growing bond. In the face of a heart-wrenching dilemma, Louisa and Catherine strive to maintain their faith and cling to their dreams of family and home.
Winner of the Christy Award, presented by the Christian Bookseller Association to honor the best in Christian fiction.
She thought she was content--until a love from the outside world turned hers upside down.
- Publisher: Baker Publishing Group
- Publication date: 8/1/2008
- Series: Shaker Series
- Pages: 352
- File size: 307 KB
Gabrielle Hope and her mother joined the Harmony Hill Shaker community in 1807. The community promised stability and devotion that Gabrielle wholeheartedly embraced. But when a local doctor must be brought into Harmony Hill from the outside, he sets into motion a chain of events that will challenge Gabrielle's loyalty to the Shakers.
As she falls deeper into a forbidden love for this man of the world, Gabrielle must make a choice. Can she experience true happiness in this simple and chaste community? Or will she abandon her brothers and sisters for a life of the unknown?
Soulful and filled with romance, The Outsiderlets you live within a bygone time among a unique and peculiar people. This tender and thought-provoking story will stay with you long after you finish the final chapter.
Living just thirty miles from a restored Shaker village in Kentucky, Ann H. Gabhart has walked the same paths that her characters might have walked in generations past. Her thorough research provides a convincing and colorful backdrop for The Outsider. Gabhart is also the author of Orchard of Hope and Summer of Joy.
Ann H. Gabhart is the author of The Scent of Lilacs, Orchard of Hope, and Summer of Joy. She lives with her husband a mile from where she was born in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky.