I was reluctant to purchase the "ezPDF Reader" app after reading so many negative reviews about it in the Nook app store. However, after finally giving in, I was pleasantly surprised and had a very positive experience. I wanted to alert those that may be deliberating about it, that it turned out to work very well. The app's features are listed below to encourage any waverers that may, up to this point, have been dealing with the frustraton of nearly unreadable PDF books on the Nook Color.
I have a number of DRM'd PDF books that will not convert to ePUB via Calibre. But, I still wanted to read them on my Nook Color. Unfortunately, the newly updated Nook Color native PDF reader would still not open many of them (presenting only the dreaded "Red X").
The ones that it did open would only display in tiny-to-read print, or if enlarged, interfered with page turns and reset each page after the turn. To top it all off, the native reader will not save my place and would always re-open at the beginning of the document/book again. I found this to be very frustrating and ALMOST deleted all my PDF books, which, up to that point, were more or less unreadable and just taking up space in my memory.
Extremely frustrated, I finally took a chance on the $0.99 "ezPDF Reader." I'm glad I did.
- It's DIRT CHEAP
- It's FAIRLY INTUITIVE, once you play around with all the buttons
- It opened all of my PDF documents - NO MORE RED "X"
- It views in scrollable Landscape mode - FONT ENLARGES NICELY
- In Landscape mode, scroll to bottom of page, tap the white arrow and - PAGE TURNS SEAMLESSLY WITHOUT RE-SIZING, etc.
- It has also - REMEMBERED MY LAST PAGE when re-opened
- You must have a microSD card.
- The "ezPDF Reader" must be loaded on your microSD card.
- You must sideload your PDF documents/books somewhere on the microSD card as well (I put mine under "My Files, Books" and they worked just fine).
- You should play around a little bit with the button/features before you begin, but then you'll be more comfortable
I hope that helps someone decide on whether to get the app or not in order to enoy all of your negelected PDF books!
All the best,