Let's see, where do I start...?
- Why are all the book icons on my Daily Shelf smaller, while the ugly grey bar behind them is even bigger?
- You screwed up the wallpaper. Now we can't use any of our side-loaded wallpapers without cropping them to the same proportions as the cruddy wallpaper images that came built into the NC. All my 1800x1024 wallpapers worked just fine with no cropping before the update, but not now.
- Why are there stupid little titles under all my app icons? Who needs those? Why couldn't you at least have made it a friggin' OPTION, so we can turn those titles off if we don't like them?
- Why did you remove the Quick Nav Arrow from the Status Bar? It worked. Which leads me to…
- WHY in the name of all that's holy did you screw up the Home Button? What the #@&% is the point of the physical Home Button, if all it does is bring up the Quick Nav Bar -- which contains a software Home Button…? Are you people friggin' brain damaged? And yeah, I know I can push the physical Home Button twice -- but then what's the point of the software Home Button? Furthermore, before this crappy update, pushing the physical Home Button twice would take you to the "center" of the home screen's three panels -- but now it doesn't.
- You even made the Shop uglier!
- The horizontal reading mode does not work properly. Try opening a book that has its cover image as the first page, and turn your Nook Color "horizontal." Are you familiar with the word "rescale?" Or did you genuinely think it's better to just cut the image off?
- It seems almost trivial compared to my other complaints, but adding a few more size choices to the fonts is really pretty lame. If you wanted to play with the fonts, why couldn't you have done something useful, like adding a Unicode font -- so people can read e-books that contain non-Latin characters? In case you hadn't noticed, some of the "Nook Books" that you people sell contain such characters -- and you can't even read them on a Nook.
You people astound me. You haven't addressed any of the legitimate suggestions or complaints that people have posted here. (For example, people have been complaining about that non-Latin characters thing since you released the first Nook -- and what have you people ever done about it?) Instead of fixing things, you seem bent on making them worse.
I've had my Nook Color for six months now, and I've mostly enjoyed it. I had even been considering upgrading to a Nook Tablet… but not now. I don't think I can tolerate any more of the kind of stupidity showcased in this newest update, combined with your persistent refusal to pay any attention at all to your customers' wishes.
And why should I tolerate it, anyway? Why should I "upgrade" to a Nook Tablet for $250, when I can pay another $80 or so for a proper Android tablet, with better physical stats and a better interface -- you know, the kind of interface that gives the user OPTIONS.
You know, if you were trying to annoy people into getting rid of their Nook Colors and buying real Android tablets, then you're doing a fantastic job of it. You've just succeeded in getting rid of at least one customer, I assure you.