Had some issues with the HD, took it back. Got the HD+ and had to take it back. Some of the issues are quite similar, some are expanded becasue I used this one quite a bit more:
1. Random Reboots: They happen all the time. I Erased and Deregistered the device and reset it up and it still happened. 6x in one night, in the span of about 2 hours. Couldn't read anything. Couldn't browse the web. It was just rebooting on me.
2. Sluggish performance: The performance on the HD+ is worse than on the HD. Likely due to low RAM (only 1GB) and the higher resolution screen. Also, Animated Wallpapers (not that I ever use them) are just off-limits on this tablet.
3. Apps that the developers said should work still crash and burn on the HD+. I was hoping it was just an HD-specific issue :-( Le sigh.
4. No Article View in the Chrome browser. Basically have to install Firefox for Android if you want a Reading Mode in the browser now.
5. My unit had a dead pixel, which isn't a super huge deal but it was a bit annoying. If everything else was good I'd have just kept it for fear of getting another unit that didn't work correctly, Lol.
6. Screen is nice and bright, but basically unusable if the humidity is high, it is hot outside (i.e. hand sweat), or anything. It's quite "sticky" and it attracts all sorts of fingerprints. Given it's other qualities, that was quite disappointing.
7. Shop has pretty bad discovery and there is inadequate ways to drill down and search for stuff. Better off just using the website in most cases...
8. Pre-loaded apps cannot be removed. They are tied to Nook Cloud and keep re-installing themselves everytime the device Syncs your library. Additionally, if you have Google Play Store set to Auto Update your apps, apps that you updated there will get overwritten by the Nook Cloud version and then the Play Store will update them immediate. You will get a pop-up notifying you that it's a Nook app and the Playstore will replace it. This happens literally everytime your device syncs the library and everytime it reboots. I think it would also happen everytime you connect to a WiFi hotspot. It's quite jarring. Need a way to completely remove those apps.
9. Widgets are not resizeable, rendering many of them useless.
10. I've never had to touch the same icon so many times before the touch registered...
11. Need a way to lock icons in place on the home screen (table, or whatever they call it). They are too easy to accidentally move i.e. if you brush against the screen...
Next update, if they would remove a lot of this customization and add back in some removed stock Android apps (and an elementary file manager, like on Samsung Galaxy Devices), that would make the tablet more useful.
The performance and stability as it stands is too bad to bother keeping one, though, even as an ereader you never know when this thing will simply reboot on you.
There are so few decent Tablet apps for Android that adding in Google Play doesn't really matter all that much.
From my experiences with the HD/HD+, Apps weren't even close to the major issue with these eReader/Tablets.